Friday, April 18, 2008

One day my mum was talking about my bro eating maggi in the evening. Me, as blur as I am obviously didn't know a thing la. so…...
Me: oohhh….he must have ate in the kitchen. I don't know anything that happens outside the study room wan.
Bro: *looks at me and shakes his head. " wrong. you don't know anything that happens besides whats in front of you."
Sis:*roles her eyes. " he was eating behind you la."
Me:????!!!!!!.........*I totally, absolutely did not realize lor. I didn't even know he was in the room, for the matter.
Mum: *shakes her head and sighs aloud

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA……….i think I just mastered the art of shutting out everything all the time, unless I make a conscious effort to look around!

Somehow, me and my younger brother have this ability to shut things out. My brother shuts his ears to the rest of the world when his reading, or when he knows your gonna ask him to do something. Me?..i just shut everything. That's why I'm labeled the blur one at home. I usually don't know whats going on and what plans the rest have made. Sometimes I don't even know we are going for a family holiday till 1 or 2 days beforehand. Or, when the music plays and anyone ask me what just played, I would usually not know. I can't even recall the tune or the lyrics of what I just 'heard'. It really becomes background music. I hear and know it's music but it just doesn't register what song's playing, even if I know the song at the back of my hand
.

No comments: