Monday, February 16, 2009

9PM, Tuesday, 10th Feb: The Day Aussie Won

To:

You.
You that I've known for so long
the right question should be 'When did I not know you?'

Though we seldom shared secrets,
Though we seldom called or messaged,
Though we seldom hanged out;

The times we did chat, however general the topics may seem
I always felt blessed I had you as my friend,
The times we called frantically wanting to know if you'd be going
or persuading one another to go,
cos we both never wanted to be alone,
The times we went out, be it just us or
with the parents or the groups that brought us together
All our funny silly moments,
remember when we couldn't move our boat in Malacca,we had to be pulled?
remember the karaoke session, and that miserable meal?
remember that shopping where we both bought 2 same tops?

It makes me smile to know I could pop in your house anytime,
the time we stayed so near.
But then you shifted and i missed the random popping in,
though through the years it had become less frequent.
Then one morning, I woke up to hear you downstairs,
Surprised I was, but equally happy too.
That one morning became many mornings and afternoons and nights.
My house now became a familiar place
you could hang out while waiting.

When you told me your plans to go abroad
I secretly wished you wouldn't.
But then again, what kinda friend is a selfish one?
So I relented and thanked God for internet.

Though 3 hours is a quite a difference,
We'll still meet.
I'll come earlier, you'll stay a lil bit later.
I guess we can't take this friendship for granted any longer.
Its time we put in a little more effort and
make the friendship all the more worth cherishing.
(Not that it isn't now=])

Here's a toast to You while you're over there.
Cheers to our friendship,
Cheers to a new chapter in your life,
Cheers to waiting to see you in Dec!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...Cheers to your friendship~