Sunday, December 28, 2008

HELP! Tell me I'm not emotionless

Even if i barely laugh at your jokes
Even if your incessant laughter fails to infect me
Even if your shocking news causes me to only say "oo",
Even if after you've poured your heart out and all i could muster is a weak smile.

I wanted to hug you, but i dared not.
I wanted to laugh out loud, but i just could not.
I wanted to tell you what i thought of it, but i was afraid.
I wanted so much to be that pillar of strength you so needed then, but i just lost all words,
I was blank, once again.

I can't help but notice how emotionless i have become over the past few years. Read me right, I am NOT totally emotionless, just maybe emotionless to some, full of emotion to others? Sound's like my emotions have moods too. Funny thing, but to some people, its almost impossible to allow my true emotions to show, even to hug them feels weird. But to selected few, its just so natural, i'm probably only my truest then.

Sometimes theres so much going through my mind, but i just don't know where to start, i don't know how to tell you. Sometimes i don't even know if i want to tell you. I feel so bad for not sharing my opinions, but i go blank so often, its not that i don't want to but rather i can't. Makes me feel utterly useless, its like my very existence there is as good as invisible. I hate disappointing you, yet its so hard not too. I keep feeling so incompetent , you probably already thought of it before i even said anything.

Yet, know that i truly cherish you. I wouldn't trade anything for you, the friendship you gave me is what i look forward to everyday. Even though my expressions betray my emotions most of the time, know that deep inside i really want to
laugh aloud at your antics and jokes
hug you tightly and tell you how much i care
point out what i thought was weird
and let you in on my deepest secrets.

Tell me again that i'm not emotionless. I only hide my emotions really well, because being vulnerable is like having the 3 football fields thick wall around you suddenly smashed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just surfing the internet when I came across this, and I love it! Great job, very relatable, and describes how I feel a lot of the time.
:)
Kudos.